The Turkish Accelerator and Radiation Laboratory is looking for mechanical engineers. Your main responsibilities will be the upgrade and maintenance of our He cooling line. In addition to this design, assembly and testing of photon/electron Beamline equipment for the first Turkish Accelerator will be also part of your workload. Accelerator technologies are at the cutting edge of engineering. Therefore, innovative solutions and the skill to combine given technologies with new solutions and the implementation in a scientific environment are necessary.
New graduated engineers are also welcome to send an application.
- Minimum BS degree in mechanical engineering;
- Experience with engineering CAD/software packages such as Ansys, Solidworks, Solidworks CAM and Solidworks PDM;
- The applicant must have good team and communication skills and be able to work in multidisciplinary groups (engineers, technicians, programmers, and physicists) to solve technical problems. Strong background in applied physics and a curious mind are highly desired;
- The position is “highly hands-on” and will require the individual to spend approximately 60% of his/her time in the laboratory and 40% at his/her desk/computer;
- Thermal, fluid flow and structural FEA Analysis experience;
- Experience in LN and water cooling systems
- Experience in optical, high precision and vacuum technologies is preferred;
- Experience in machine shop practices is preferred;
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to perform complex and/or varied tasks in electric and electronics;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate, explore and implement alternative solutions;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and systems and develop models;
- Verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Concept and final design of prototypes for UHV applications and electron/photon Beamline equipment;
- Perform analytical calculations and report writing;
- Managing and communicating of the purchasing processes;
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance activities on present systems;
- Assembly and testing of designed systems;
- Ability to maintain composure, think clearly, and perform well under pressure when working to strict timelines;
- Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize tasks;
Candidates should apply via e-mail to [email protected] with a motivation letter, detailed CV and names, surnames and contact information of at least three references who will provide them with letters of recommendation.