We are seeking personnel for the Electronics Engineer, who will work in the Turkish Accelerator and Radiation Laboratory (TARLA), which is under construction in Ankara University Gölbaşı Campus, with the aim of creating and increasing the capacity to produce high technology by providing accelerator-based research opportunities to basic, applied and engineering research units.
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 0-3 years of experience.
- The ideal candidate will have a solid background in digital electronics and have course work/experience in one of the following areas, RF/microwaves, RF accelerating structures
- Experience with engineering analysis/model/simulation programs (Matlab, Multisim etc.) is preferred.
- Deep understanding of Field Programmable Gate Arrays, digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital conversion, analog and digital RF circuit design, low noise signal processing and low noise DC-DC converter design, high speed feedback systems, and RF techniques utilized in heterodyne systems.
- Programing experience in one of the following languages C, C++, and Python is desired.
- Skills in the implementation of FPGAs, preferably using the Xilinx family of products.
- The applicant must have good team and communication skills and be able to work in multidisciplinary groups (engineers, technicians, programmers, and physicists) to solve technical problems. Strong background in applied physics and a curious mind highly desired.
- The applicant must have high initiative and be a “self-starter”.
- The position is “highly hands on” and will require the individual to spend approximately 60% of his/her time in the laboratory and 40% at his/her desk/computer.
- The ability to apply critical thinking, operational principles, and knowledge of electronic and electrical theory to accomplish engineering design tasks is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to perform complex and/or varied tasks in electric and electronics
- Knowledge about FPGA preferably basic knowledge about VHDL
- Demonstrated knowledge about embedded software
- Ability to use instruments such as VNA, Spectrum analyzer, phase noise analyzer
- Knowledge Electromagnetic theory, Control theory, analog and numerical electronics, numerical logic design, computer architectures
- Basic knowledge about linux/unix operating systems
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore and implement alternative solutions
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and systems and develop models
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Participate installation of TARLA LLRF (Low Level Radio Frequency) system.
- Perform analytical calculations and report writing.
- Works closely with developers by contributing to the hardware design, FPGA firmware development and EPICS integration of the LLRF systems.
- Works closely with operations staff to develop the Human Machine Interface to the RF system.
- Design new system controls and instrumentation (using microcontrollers, microprocessor, FPGAs and PLCs).
- Ability to maintain composure, think clearly, and perform well under pressure when working to strict time lines.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- The successful candidate will be part of a technical staff supporting various power sources and RF systems including RF power amplifiers such as klystrons and solid state technologies as well as RF structures.
Candidates should apply via e-mail to [email protected] with a motivation letter, detailed CV and names, surnames and contact information of at least three references who will provide them with letters of recommendation.